Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dedicated to all the men in our life



We all come across events/ articles/ stories in our daily life where successful men dedicate their success to their wives, moms, sisters or daughters. And the not so successful men crib how their girlfriends and wives have made a hell out of their life.

I am sure we have paused during such stories and thought how much men have impacted our lives... I owe my success to the men in my life. And this success doesn’t necessarily mean the success in my career. This success means the success of a mother, a wife, a career woman and most importantly an individual.

I am a successful wife because I have a great husband who supports me in my daily chores at home. He doesn’t mind folding the clothes or arranging the shoe rack or offering me a glass of water when I reach home after a hectic day at office. He doesn’t feel awkward in holding the shopping bags for me or watching a romantic comedy with me. He loves to plan our vacations and feed me when I have henna on my hands.

I am a successful mother because my husband loves sharing the responsibility of bringing up our daughter. He makes her bottler of milk in the mid of the night when I am sleeping peacefully and I am secretly jealous of the fact that she loves to spend more time with him than with me. He cuddles her, puts her to sleep and sings lullaby for her.

I am a career woman firstly because of my Father and then because of my husband in my personal life and professionally because of all my superiors and colleagues in office. These male colleagues never approached me with any gender biasness and they always pushed me to perform better. They stood by me during all my professional ups and downs and ensured that my career continues smoothly.

I am a happy and cheerful person todaybecause of all my friends and many of them are guys. They love to sit next to me when I drive and don’t mind sharing their drinks with me. They have always accepted me the way I am and they don’t bother even if I use the cuss words. They are my 4 am friends who don’t treat me differently because I am a woman

I love sports because my brother always played soccer, badminton and cricket with me. He never hesitated in taking me in his team during any match and many a times he proudly made me the captain of his team.

And finally, the most important man in my life – my father

I am what I am because of my father. His upbringing always gave me the strength to fight the world. He showed confidence in me which infused self confidence in me. He gave me the freedom to think and take my decisions and he was always the fall back for all my decisions. I carry his surname even after my marriage because I feel that my whole identity is because of him.

Men in my life have supported me, helped me, guided me, challenged me and loved me. They have impacted my life in all possible manners. Kudos to all the men in my life who helped me to evolve into a better human being and more importantly a better woman in all the spheres of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment