Thursday, April 30, 2015

I had fallen for you the first time I met you - Part 3

Holi break had just got over and I was boarding the flight to my land of KARMA.

.As usual, I kept praying to have a pretty lass for company rather than the boring co passengers I frequently encountered. There you were!!! What a sight it was. I thanked god for the same and made my way towards you with confident steps despite the limited space available on board. When I reached at my stipulated seat 23 B, I found you on 23 C. Your sharp nose, flawless wheatish complexion, the most beautiful pair of eyes fixed on a book, and the aloofness to the commotion that was in the aircraft with passengers either trying to spot their seat or busy tugging in their luggage in the overhead cabinets kept my eyes fixed on you for a minute or so. I don’t know if it was your beautiful face or the indifference to your surroundings that made me to wait a while and look at you before disturbing you to get onto my seat. “’Excuse me, I am sorry to bother you but I have the middle seat.”’. You lifted your head and saw me…It was an electrifying experience. The mesmerizing eyes, innocent face and black wavy hair with gold n bronze streaks . I couldn’t get my eyes off you.


I tried my best to act chivalrous and requested you to excuse me as I had the middle seat and you had to get up from aisle seat to let me sit. The moment you got up from your seat to give me way, I realized that you were just not a pretty face. You were a pretty face and a nice body. The flight took off and you immersed yourself in the book that you were already reading. The inflight TV kept me entertained for next half an hour till the time the meal arrived and you had to keep the book aside.


I grabbed that opportunity when you were not focused on your book. I asked you “Which book are you reading?” and I don’t remember the name of that book because I was lost in your sweet, innocent voice which used my ears to flow to my heart. That was the best meal of my life not because it tasted so but because it gave me an opportunity to talk to you. Your words were more enchanting than you and I took no time in figuring out that you love talking. We talked about the book, my job, your job and my studies. You were so charming and warm and it was so easy to talk to you. There was no hesitation in you that we were complete strangers. I expected you to be a high headed, reserved and snobbish woman because any beautiful woman has the right for being all this and much more. And here you were totally opposite, simple, honest and down to earth. Our plates were cleared and you chose not to go back to your book. I could feel my heart was already somersaulting.


That day,I realized that time moves faster at thousands of meters above the earth and the remaining 2 hours of that flight passed away without me even baiting an eyelid. I started dreading the fact that the flight was about to land and the journey was nearing its end. ”I would never get to talk to you again” was the only thought that was resonating in my mind for the last fifteen minutes after the landing was announced. . I could feel your nervousness while the plane was landing and how you tried to control yourself from not holding my arm.I felt the electrifying sensation running through my body when your arms just touched mine while you were attempting to hold the arm rest during the landing.


And then you suggested that you would take the bus with me to the city. I still don’t know that why you took that decision but at that moment my self-obsession forced me to think that my charm has worked on you. That meant another two hours with you and I was ecstatic with joy. I was alone in that city and the only people I knew there were my colleagues. I had already started dreaming about having you as my girlfriend and spending my days and nights with you. After all I was all of 26 and I had all the rights to day dream of a beautiful girl in my life. During that bus ride I told you that I sing and how the girls drool over my songs and me (The truth is I loved singing but nobody ever drooled on my songs except you. That was just to impress you my girl) I even told you about my first love and was touched with your compassionate response. I never believed in love at first sight but during those moments I had started believing in the fact that love can happen anytime, anywhere and with anyone - Even if the person you love is married to someone else. When I asked you that how would you go home after getting down from the bus, little did I know that you answer would change my life. You very plainly replied that your hubby would be there to pick you up as if you were also aware that your answer would definitely hurt me.

It took me a couple of minutes to come to terms with the fact that you were married. I started looking for all those symbols which could have given me a hint that about your marital status and I could find none. Nomangalsutra, no sindoor and not even the wedding ring.

“Why are you silent?”- You asked me. I just turned to look at your face, eyes…I saw it then.




No comments:

Post a Comment