Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Bundle of Joy or adventure of lifetime

10     Milestones of the baby and millions of thrilling experiences for the parents ……



1)      First time when the baby kicked – It was wonderful when the baby kicked me for the first time. But when the kicks started in the mid of the sleep or in a meeting, I am not sure if I cud call them wonderful. Mind it, the kicks haven’t stopped even now. When my daughter doesn’t get anything to kick, I am her ball..



2)      The first response – Hey! Today she looked at me when I called her. Today was the first and the last time she responded to you. Be prepared, you are the one who is going to respond to her for the rest of your life



3)      The first words – She said Papa first!! No she said Mamma!! You two keep on arguing. Baby is oblivious to all the arguments and waiting to put up her demands in front of you.

Papa, I want this….Mamma, I need that..

And you were on seventh heaven after hearing the first word ..



4)      Baby started crawling – And so do you. Crawling after her under the table to pull her out .



5)      The First teeth – Wow!! I had called so many people to tell them that my baby got the first tooth only to realize that now I am her nibbler and so is the remote of the TV, my bags, her booties nearly everything which was within her reach.



6)      The First walk – Hurray!! I was the one who held her hand and tried to make her walk even before her age and here she is running from one corner of the house to the other. Most of the times I am spotted running after her in a mall or the parking lot or in a movie hall.



7)      When I shifted her from her crib to my bed – Little did I know that I would be thrown out of my bed very soon. I am so used to sleeping in a narrow space now that at times I feel like taking a nap right under my workstation



8)      First introduction to colors – She ignored the number of drawing colors that I got for her. After all, my nail paints and lipsticks are more convenient to use on the walls, clothes, mirrors and any other plain surface



9)      Love for music – Banging the tumbler on the table can be so musical.. How could I not realize this earlier?



10)   Do It Yourself Moments – Now this one really left me not so thrilled because I thought that my baby is growing so fast that she wants to do everything on her own. And she again proved me wrong. I want to eat on my own meant her clothes, the table, floor would taste the food. I want to brush my teeth on my own meant eating the bristles and licking the toothpaste. I will decide what I want to wear meant that whole of her cupboard was on the floor and the bed.


Kids just amaze us at every moment. My room, bed, cupboards, shoe racks, kitchen cabinets and even my life has turned upside down post the birth of my daughter and it is more thrilling than any adventure in this world.




No comments:

Post a Comment